Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MXSven
Helper I
Helper I

issue with M language statement

Hi Everybody

it seems that there is a dependency between StartDatum and EndDatum, means I am reducing the value of the EndDatum variable,

but then appearently the StartDatum is equal to EndDatum.

Any Ideas ?

Screenshot 2022-08-08 170055.jpg

Is there a way of debugging modus in the advanced editor, where I can see what the value in each step of the variable is ?

2 REPLIES 2
artemus
Employee
Employee

It looks like you have start and end reversed as normally start is less than end, but you are assigning end to start minus 5 days.

As far as debugging goes, you could replace the let ... in #"ChangedType1" with [ ... ], which will turn your let statement into a record containing the value of each variable in the let ... in statement.

thanks for your feedback,
below find the adusted code and it's outcoming

let

Source = (Wertpapierkurs as text ) as table =>

let

CurrentReference_number = Duration.TotalSeconds(DateTime.From(Date.From(DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTimeZone.LocalNow(), 0))) - #datetime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0))*60*60*24,

CurrentReference = "=" & Text.From(CurrentReference_number),

HistoricDataReference = "=" & Text.From(CurrentReference_number-60*60*24*5),

Source = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/"&Wertpapierkurs&"?period1"&HistoricDataReference&"&period2"&CurrentReference&"&interval=1d&events=history&includeAdjustedClose=true"),[Delimiter=",", Columns=7, Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),

#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),

#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Date", type date}}),

#"Changed Type with Locale" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type", {{"Open", type number}, {"High", type number}, {"Low", type number}, {"Close", type number}, {"Adj Close", type number}}, "en-US"),

#"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type with Locale",{{"Volume", Int64.Type}})

in

#"Changed Type1"

in

Source

MXSven_0-1660050705032.png

as you can see in the error message, something is not right
and I have no idea, why the values are equal.

Any ideas ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors