Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shmulikvarsano
Frequent Visitor

double loading when source = table

I have two tables:
Table1 that load many XML files from folder and its take some time.
I have table2 and the source = table1.
The problem is that now all the XML files are loaded twice and the load time of the project is double himselfe
how can i fix this ?

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@shmulikvarsano,

Do you mean that the data of the two tables are loaded into Report View when you click "Close&Apply" in Query Editor? If so, this is expected behavior. Unless you uncheck "Enable load" for Table2 in Query Editor, the data of Table2 will be loaded into Report View.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Table 1 load 300 XML file from folder and it take 10 minute. then I do some work on the data.
The source of table2 is table1 and now all the process take 20 minthe.
I see no reason why all the XML file loaded twice because I expect that table2 will take the data from the end of table1 and not from the beginning of table 1.

thanks

@shmulikvarsano,

Please review the following similar thread about this behavior.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Improve-Query-Reference-performance-for-large-tables...

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for all the information. but i still feel that i have no good solution to my problem.
1. my question was on loading time and not run query time.
2. because i do lots of work on table 2 I cant use the solution of create calculated tables on the reporting.
3. I was expected that my tablet 2 will just take the data from the last step of table 1 and not start all the steps of table 1 from the beginning.

4. becose table 2 depend on table 1 there is no reason why they run parallel. table 2 should start run only when table 1 finished her work.

@shmulikvarsano,

Do you mean that the load time from Query Editor to Report View in Power  BI Desktop? If so, this is by design. If not, please post a screenshot about your scenario.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi. Look at the file attached. as we can see the two table load parallel. so all the XML file loaded twice. this happen in the query editor and also in the power bi desktop.
The source of table 2 is table 1 to table 2 should behave similar to a view in SQL.

Thanks.p4.PNGp1.PNGp2.PNGp3.PNG

@shmulikvarsano,

The behavior you describe is by design. Unless you uncheck "Enable load" option or "Include in Report refresh" option for one of the tables, the queries will load twice.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Thank for your answer.
I still don't see the reason for this behavior.
but if it's by design i will live with this.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors