Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Do5779
Helper II
Helper II

Website Data

Hello all,

I have the following problem: I want to take data from a website that is hidden by a search mask. The URL does not change, so it cannot be accessed in this way. For example the historical oil prices on the website
https://www.finanzen.net/rohstoffe/oelpreis/historisch. If I want to open or import them directly in Power Bi, the interface remains empty and I cannot load the table.

Do5779_0-1658755877520.png

Another idea is that I access the prices from the first page (https://www.finanzen.net/rohstoffe/oelpreis). But this is only 14 days. I need as long a period as possible. So it would be good at each update to add only the newest prices to the existing ones and not to exceed the complete data. .

Here you can see the 14 daily overview. So If there is a new price, e.g. 25.07.2022. I need the 11 prices (10 of the picture and the new one)

Do5779_1-1658755945314.png

As far as I had read it should work about incremental loading. However, neither the videos nor the microsoft explanation helps me how to set the dynamic change of the dates. I have a RangeStart and RangeEnd and a filter on the data, but there is no possibility to activate the item

Do5779_2-1658756217075.png

A solution via an upstream database/per Phyton or similar is not possible just as I have not found a free API to retrieve. I would really appreciate any ideas or help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Do5779 

tables like this are loaded using JavaScript and PQ can't interact with them in the way needed to get the data you want.

I'd suggest using Power Automate which can interact with websites like this and scrape the data you want.  Try posting in here for asistance

Power Automate Desktop - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Do5779 

tables like this are loaded using JavaScript and PQ can't interact with them in the way needed to get the data you want.

I'd suggest using Power Automate which can interact with websites like this and scrape the data you want.  Try posting in here for asistance

Power Automate Desktop - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @PhilipTreacy ,

thank you for your advice. I will have a look at it.

Regards 

Do5779

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors