Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

andi2333
Frequent Visitor

Table visualization & Hyperlinks

Hey, I am pretty new to PowerBI and I am using this also as a platform to learn, so I hope you dont mind me asking seemingly basic questions.

I have an excel table with ticket numbers which I can filter through some metadata (date, priority, market etc.). Now, depending on the set filter value, I would like to show the valid ticketIDs in a table on my PowerBI dashboard, and ideally, once the PBI user clicks on a particular ticketID, this should link to our internal ticketing tool showing the respective details of the ticket.

My two questions:

1. How do I create the measure for the table visualisation?

2. How do I hyperlink the results to our ticket tool?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @andi2333 

If I understood currectly, you have
State column Closed or Open

Create a Table and in Filter pane use the State column and filter out the Closed ticket.
I am sharing one example

PijushRoy_0-1697553820952.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
andi2333
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I guess this solves my 2nd question, however I am not sure about number 1.

Based on my large table with ticket#, I created a measure which provides the count of open tickets for the current week.

_openTicketsCurrentWeek =
VAR _cDate = TODAY()
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    DISTINCTCOUNT('Aspen Tickets'[Number]),
    FILTER(
        'Aspen Tickets',
        'Aspen Tickets'[Created(opened_at)]  <= _cDate
        && ('Aspen Tickets'[Closed]) > _cDate || ISBLANK('Aspen Tickets'[Closed])
    )
)

What I would like to do now is take the ticketIDs from this result and put them into a table visualization. I guess it's super simple, but as mentioned, I am a beginner.

Thanks

Hi @andi2333 

Please share sample data format (not sensative) and output you want 

Thanks

Screenshot attached shows a snapshot of my input data.

andi2333_0-1697553177013.png

On my PBI dashboard, I will depict a card with the number of currently open tickets.

I also want to have a table below that card which shows a list or table of the "INC" numbers which are currently open. 

Somehow like this:

andi2333_1-1697553324539.png

However here, I just pulled the "Number" attribute into the table which then gives me ALL ticketIDs in my table unfiltered. 

Hi @andi2333 

If I understood currectly, you have
State column Closed or Open

Create a Table and in Filter pane use the State column and filter out the Closed ticket.
I am sharing one example

PijushRoy_0-1697553820952.png

Yeah. To be frank, that was pretty simple. I am embarassed. Thank you very much!!!!

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @andi2333 

In Power Query, please create a Custom Column like

PijushRoy_0-1697544638911.png

The link should match with your original ticket portal link (Ticket ID is dynamic)

Load the Table and Create Table visual, follow the step
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-hyperlinks-in-tables?tabs=powerbi... 

If Solve your question, please mark as SOLUTION

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors