Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

andi2333
Regular Visitor

Table visualization & Hyperlinks

Hey, I am pretty new to PowerBI and I am using this also as a platform to learn, so I hope you dont mind me asking seemingly basic questions.

I have an excel table with ticket numbers which I can filter through some metadata (date, priority, market etc.). Now, depending on the set filter value, I would like to show the valid ticketIDs in a table on my PowerBI dashboard, and ideally, once the PBI user clicks on a particular ticketID, this should link to our internal ticketing tool showing the respective details of the ticket.

My two questions:

1. How do I create the measure for the table visualisation?

2. How do I hyperlink the results to our ticket tool?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @andi2333 

If I understood currectly, you have
State column Closed or Open

Create a Table and in Filter pane use the State column and filter out the Closed ticket.
I am sharing one example

PijushRoy_0-1697553820952.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
andi2333
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I guess this solves my 2nd question, however I am not sure about number 1.

Based on my large table with ticket#, I created a measure which provides the count of open tickets for the current week.

_openTicketsCurrentWeek =
VAR _cDate = TODAY()
RETURN
CALCULATE(
    DISTINCTCOUNT('Aspen Tickets'[Number]),
    FILTER(
        'Aspen Tickets',
        'Aspen Tickets'[Created(opened_at)]  <= _cDate
        && ('Aspen Tickets'[Closed]) > _cDate || ISBLANK('Aspen Tickets'[Closed])
    )
)

What I would like to do now is take the ticketIDs from this result and put them into a table visualization. I guess it's super simple, but as mentioned, I am a beginner.

Thanks

Hi @andi2333 

Please share sample data format (not sensative) and output you want 

Thanks

Screenshot attached shows a snapshot of my input data.

andi2333_0-1697553177013.png

On my PBI dashboard, I will depict a card with the number of currently open tickets.

I also want to have a table below that card which shows a list or table of the "INC" numbers which are currently open. 

Somehow like this:

andi2333_1-1697553324539.png

However here, I just pulled the "Number" attribute into the table which then gives me ALL ticketIDs in my table unfiltered. 

Hi @andi2333 

If I understood currectly, you have
State column Closed or Open

Create a Table and in Filter pane use the State column and filter out the Closed ticket.
I am sharing one example

PijushRoy_0-1697553820952.png

Yeah. To be frank, that was pretty simple. I am embarassed. Thank you very much!!!!

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @andi2333 

In Power Query, please create a Custom Column like

PijushRoy_0-1697544638911.png

The link should match with your original ticket portal link (Ticket ID is dynamic)

Load the Table and Create Table visual, follow the step
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-hyperlinks-in-tables?tabs=powerbi... 

If Solve your question, please mark as SOLUTION

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors