Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

prasoonY
Frequent Visitor

Request for Assistance - Power BI Filter Behavior

Dear All,

I am seeking your assistance regarding a specific requirement in Power BI. I would like to achieve the following behavior in my report:

1. Facility Selection:

• When I select a facility from the facility slicer, I want the slicer to dynamically display all the affiliate names associated with that facility.
    • Additionally, I want the data table to be filtered based on the selected facility, displaying only the relevant data.
  2. Affiliate Selection:

• Similarly, when I select an affiliate from the affiliate slicer, I want the slicer to show the clerks associated with that specific affiliate.
    • Additionally, I want the data table to fetch the corresponding data for the selected affiliate, filtering the table accordingly.

I have already established the necessary relationships between the tables, and I have attempted to configure the slicers and table interactions. However, I have not been able to achieve the desired behavior.

Could you kindly guide me on how to set up the slicers and table filters to accomplish this requirement? Any insights, suggestions, or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you require any additional information, such as table structures, sample data, or screenshots, to better understand the issue.

image.png

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards, Prasoon kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @prasoonY ,

I suggest you use the star schema (a central table with several lookup tables), cross filtering both directions works well for this schema, refer to the document:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prasoonY
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for reply ..

But my problem was i have 4 filter  partner ,facility ,affiliate and clerk  .

So i select partner then  behalf of partner show all facility.  then select facility  then behalf of facility show affiliate  same on affiliate  show clerk . this process work now i have one datatable all the records  on this table .

if my data fillter on next filter . for example i select facility then data show affiliate .

prasoonY_0-1689008217092.png

so how to find data if i select facilty then data show only facility.

Hi @prasoonY ,

I suggest you use the star schema (a central table with several lookup tables), cross filtering both directions works well for this schema, refer to the document:

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thank You

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prasoonY ,

According to your description, I create a sample to test, simply change the filter direction between Data Table and Affiliate to Both, the same goes for Data table and Clerk, as show below.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1688959306371.png

I attach my sample below for your reference.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors