Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NJ81858
Helper IV
Helper IV

Refreshing Error Message

Hi there,

Every time that I refresh my data in Power BI Desktop, I get an error message that it failed. This is the error message that I get:

Power BI Error.PNG

I have researched online how to fix this error and I found a solution that said to load the data into one query and then do nothing else, and then create another query to connect to that query instead of connecting to a data source. An example of this is:

My Loading Query titled 'LIST-Detail Entry':

Loading Query.PNG

The first few steps of the Query I am transforming:

T Query.PNG

I have also found another solution in changing the data privacy settings, and I have done that so that the data can refresh without problems and neither of those two solutions have solved the error message that I am getting.

Unfortunately I cannot share my .pbix file, so if there is any screenshots of anything that I can provide to assist in a solution just let me know!

1 REPLY 1
Ehren
Employee
Employee

Can you share the query where you put all your logic into a single query? The one in the screenshot above is still referencing another query (Transform File (3)).

The other solution would be to disable data privacy for this file, as long as you're not concerned about data leakage between sources.

EDIT: It also looks like you've only shared a subset of the queries above. If you share the full query text, it will be easier for folks to identify the source of the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors