Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query using a list of 185 URLs only returns data from the first URL - 185 times!

Hi I hope someone can please help or advise.

I am very new to Power BI and am using version 2.88.802 as this works OK with Win 7.

I am aiming to extract a single value from each of 158 similar URLs so I have created a query to an Excel file containing the URLs in a table, then made a copy of the table and converted this to a list of URLs. 

I have then created a parameter of Type text, and Suggested Values query, which uses the list as the query, and has the first URL as the Current Value.

I then have a further query as a column that returns the value required from the first URL, then edited to swap the list for the single URL.

I do get 158 values returned, but they are all the same - correspond to the first URL. I do hope someone can please advise a solution. I've put some details I hope are relevant below (but I think the forum rules may have mangled some of the html):

This is the query to get the value:

let
Source = Web.BrowserContents(Parameter1),
#"Extracted Table From Html" = Html.Table(Source, {{"Column1", ".mod-tearsheet-overview__quote__bar > :nth-child(1) > .mod-ui-data-list__value"}}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Extracted Table From Html",{{"Column1", type number}})
in
#"Changed Type"

This is the first URL:

https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tearsheet/summary?s=GB00BYY0KS10:GBP

The value I'm trying to extract is 

PRICE (GBP)0.99

which I got to using Add Table Using Examples

1 REPLY 1
foodd
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous , and thank you for starting a conversation in the Power Query Forum.  Here on the Forums, we are all volunteers and care about the wellbeing of others.    Windows 7 is not supported by Microsoft as an OS, as well as by Power BI.   Build 2.88.802 is late 2020'ish when it was released.   You have no upgrade path currently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors