Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Fern_21
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI doesn't import All Records from SharePoint List with Item-level Permissions

Hi all,

I have a SharePoint list with Item-level Permissions; in this way, each user can only interact with their own records. The owner of the Sharepoint list has full control on it and he is able to see and edit all items. Until 03/14/2024, I had the situation I showed you before: reading the list via Power BI and setting the connection with the owner account, I was able to read all the records in the list. 

From the 15th, the situation changed and I have this problem: on Power BI, only the records created by the owner account are import and those created by other users aren't visible.

Why doesn't Power BI inherit the Cancel checkout permissions anymore? How can I solve this issue?

Thanks,

Fern_21

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Update:
    SharePoint team applied the mitigation, and the issue has been resolved.

Please check. If there are still issues, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly--How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum--China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

I have the same problem. Tried with Sharepoint Online List 1.0 and 2.0 connector. I only see items creatyed by me. The problem started yesterday.  Both in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors