Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

divumj

Output to show entire dataset

Hi all

I have created data model in power query and using that I have created a pivot which working fine.

But problem is when I click on any section to check details of those, it showing data basis first 1000 rows only...is there any way I can get whole data for that section.

Regards

Mohit Jain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dufoq3
Super User
Super User

Hi @divumj, bottom left corner:

dufoq3_0-1715000415784.png

Select:

dufoq3_1-1715000430056.png

Note: Check this link to learn how to use my query.
Check this link if you don't know how to provide sample data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dufoq3
Super User
Super User

Hi @divumj, bottom left corner:

dufoq3_0-1715000415784.png

Select:

dufoq3_1-1715000430056.png

Note: Check this link to learn how to use my query.
Check this link if you don't know how to provide sample data.

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@divumj 

It sounds like you're experiencing a limitation in the number of rows displayed when you drill down into a section of your pivot table. This limit is often imposed by the application or tool you're using to view the data, rather than a limitation of the data model itself.

Here are a few steps you can take to address this issue:

1. **Increase Data Limit**: In some applications or tools, there may be an option to increase the maximum number of rows displayed when drilling down into data. Check the settings or preferences of the tool you're using to see if there's an option to adjust this limit.

2. **Export Data**: If you're unable to increase the data limit within the application, consider exporting the data to a different format (e.g., CSV, Excel) where there are no restrictions on the number of rows. You can then analyze the data in a spreadsheet application or import it into a database for further analysis.

3. **Optimize Data Model**: If the data model contains a large number of rows, consider optimizing it to improve performance. This could involve filtering out unnecessary data, aggregating data at higher levels, or optimizing queries to reduce processing time.

4. **Use Different Visualization**: Instead of drilling down into the data within the pivot table, consider using a different visualization or tool that is better suited for exploring large datasets. For example, you could use a data exploration tool or create custom reports using a BI platform that supports larger datasets.

5. **Consider Performance Trade-offs**: Keep in mind that displaying a large number of rows in a single view can impact performance and may not always be practical. Consider whether it's necessary to display all the data at once, or if there are alternative ways to analyze the data that provide meaningful insights without overwhelming the user.

By considering these options, you should be able to find a solution that allows you to explore and analyze your data effectively, even when dealing with large datasets.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors