Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

stewars3
Regular Visitor

ODBC SQL Query to IP21 Data Source

Hi Everyone,

I am somewhat new to PowerBI and this is my first time posting to this forum so excuse me if I mess anything up but I have used PowerQuery in Excel at an intermediate level for some time now. 

I have been having an issue with a query for a bit now that I just cannot figure out. I am trying to connect to data collected by an industrial data historian called IP21. I am using an ODBC connector with a SQL driver made for the historian and created a 32bit data source and am using 32 bit powerbi. 

This is what the query should return including the origninal SQL statement:

SQLplusQuery.PNG

Using this same statement everything is ok other than it loads infinite null/blank rows and copies the last process value down with it:

PowerBIQuery.PNG

Perhaps there is an issue with my SQL statement? I only recently began picking up SQL as I am much more familiar with C++ and VBA.

Any suggestions would be great, and I look forward to what is possible in PowerBI.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
simantraj987

Could you share all procedure with me that how are you connecting power BI to IP21?

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @stewars3 

What result do you get if you run the SQL directly against the database?

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @PhilipTreacy 

Do you mean running the SQL statement in command prompt? I'm not sure I know how to but I'm sure I could somehow figure it out.

I ran the SQL in a command line type program called "Aspen SQLplus" and the results are shown in the first picture. You can see the last point is at 20:10:00 in both but the last Value is repeated for some reason while using PowerQuery. 

Thanks 

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors