Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danieldinh1990
Regular Visitor

Need Help "Connect to Azure Active Directory Activity Logs"

I got stuck with the screen "Connect to Azure Active Directory Activity Logs" and keep having the error "Failed to update data source credentials". 

• On the extensionDataSourceKind, the field automatically shows "AADData".
  • On the extensionDataSourcePath, I used my primary domain name in Azure Active Directory (trial version) with global access. The complete name of my domain in Azure AD is "dinh.onmicrosoft.com", and I added the exact same name as my Tenant Name (This automatically generates the extensionDataSourcePath).
  • For the Basic Authentication, I used my 365 Admin UserName and Password.

What did I do wrong? Is it possible that I couldn't proceed because I'm using the Trials version for both Azure Active Directory and Power BI?

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 12.35.46 AM.png

Snapshot of Azure AD - domain

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 12.33.27 AM.png

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danieldinh1990,

Azure Active Directory Activity content pack requires Azure AD Premium to access the data. Please verify your subscription. For more information, please refer to this article: Azure Active Directory meets Power BI.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you send the email to AAD Reporting team ( aadreportinghelp@microsoft.com ) with subject "Azure AD Activity Logs Power BI Content Pack Feedback".

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors