Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walted

Marketo API failures

It appears there are consistent errors in both connecting PowerBI desktop to Marketo API, as well a s with the standard PowerBI Service Content Pack. The nature of the errors are slightly different but the result is the same, being the inability to connect and load data.

Has anyone else reported these issues? Has anyone in Microsoft support looked at them? I see some old posts back in 2015 on this but nothing recently.

4 REPLIES 4
o_erzinclioglu
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone in this thread ever get this working?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @walted,

Can you follow this article to double check if all entered parameters in Marketo content pack is correct? Which error throws out when you connect to the content pack?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there,

I'm also having trouble connecting to the Marketo API. I've followed the instructions.

Here is the error:

Failed to update data source credentials.Hide details

Activity ID:edcc9d31-8aeb-4db5-8281-4e3b11ddb97b
Request ID:d8d94798-a603-1cdd-a39f-dda9ecd8afc1
Status code:400
Time:Thu Mar 16 2017 11:59:12 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.1700.1355
Cluster URI:https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I am also having issues connecting marketo and when I select email activites in the navigator the below fields appear. I am interested in 'devices, categories, bounced count and percentage, clicked count and percentage, opened count and percentage' to be useful in reporting. Year Quarter Month Day Activity time activityTypeId leadId mktoId primaryAttributeValue primaryAttributeValueId 2017 Qtr 3 July 31 2003 2003 2003 Newsletter 2003 EmailActivities Data about email sent to leads/contacts, with details about devices, categories, bounced count and percentage, clicked count and percentage, opened count and percentage, and program name. The Email Activities as shown in Power BI is an absolute email deliverability report, it does not apply any additional logic to the data. You might see some different results between the Marketo client and Power BI because of this. Is there another way to connect this to get all the fields and values to appear. Thanks, Olivia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors