Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Load multiple files across 2 sharepoint folders

I want to combine data from 10 workbooks from 2 different sharepoint/teams folders.

I currently have 2 queries which merge the files within each location (5 & 5) however given that all files have the same headers and can be combined i was wondering if it was possible to enable the power query to search within 2 sources, before loading and combining my selected files from both sharepoint folders

Below shows the first step of the query for each sharepoint, which loads all files in the sharepoint. I want to add the two "sharepoint folders" together. Is this possible?

= SharePoint.Files("https://testurl.com/teams/testurl_1585829620694", [ApiVersion = 15])

= SharePoint.Files("https://testurl.com/teams/testurl_1585584087000", [ApiVersion = 15])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for help. This did not work however by Appending the 2 queries together this worked

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for help. This did not work however by Appending the 2 queries together this worked

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

it is not the same sharepoint site so that's why i wasn't sure if it is possible

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

What I can suggest is, get the two sources separately and before combining the files, append them.

I am not sure if my suggestion will help you but that is the closest I can think of

mussaenda_0-1692870322390.png

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

If they are in the same site, i think it is possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors