Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Reino66

Getting Max Value to then calculate overall percentage completion

I have a data set that roughly looks like this:

State

Date

Percent Complete

CT

1/1/2024

CT

1/8/2024

MA

1/1/2024

RI

1/1/2024

RI

1/8/2024

RI

1/15/2024

NY

1/1/2024

NJ

1/8/2024

NJ

1/15/2024

DE

1/15/2024

It is on a sharepoint list being filled via a MS Form.  The states don't always make a report so I need to be able to calculate the overall percent complete of the project based on their highest reported percentage.  The calculation I have now seems to be adding them together (for example CT is added to 65 instead of just using the highest reported 40).  I thought about using latest date, but some states stop reporting once they hit 100.  Is there a way to do this in Power Query Editor vice a DAX command. Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
ronrsnfld
Super User
Super User

DAX: 

SummaryTable = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[State ],"Max Percent Complete",max('Table'[Percent Complete]))

Power Query

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45Wcg5RUNJRMtQ31DcyMDIBMo1MlWJ1EOIWMHETA7C4ryOaelOIeJAnmrghqjjcHGM09aYwCXOIhF8khkFQCS80k4xQxREmQZ3k4ophBdBvsQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [State = _t, Date = _t, #"Percent Complete" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"State", type text}, {"Date", type date}, {"Percent Complete", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"State"}, {
        {"Max", (t)=>Table.SelectRows(t, each [Percent Complete] = List.Max(t[Percent Complete])),
        type table[State=text, Date=date, Percent Complete=Int64.Type]}}),
    #"Expanded Max" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Max", {"Date", "Percent Complete"}, {"Date", "Percent Complete"})
in
    #"Expanded Max"
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

You can't do it in DAX via the power query editor, but you can group by state and choose the max aggregation for percent complete.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors