Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adelmonte
Resolver I
Resolver I

Find using "Contains" Wildcard and replace whole text with new value.

Hi all,

I am trying to replace whole text with "Yes" in case it contains "Product" 
Currently, I create a new conditional column, than I remove column, but I would like to do it in one step and simply replace the text.

Current code:
#"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows1", "Project", each if Text.Contains([#"Product Based Project"], "Product") then "Yes" else "No")

Thanks in advance.
Alex

(Mr. Amit please don't spam this post.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @adelmonte ,

In this case you need to use the approach on the video below:

I have made a sample file with the formula that should be something similar to the one below:

MFelix_1-1643626143320.png

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added Custom", each [Category],  each  if Text.Contains( _[Category], "Product") then "Yes" else [Category] ,Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Category"})

MFelix_0-1643626124002.png

Has you can see the custom column (used for comparision only) give the same result has the one with the ReplaceValue. I also did not replace the full text by "No" to give the comparision between the values but if you change the values by:

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added Custom", each [Category],  each  if Text.Contains( _[Category], "Product") then "Yes" else "No" ,Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Category"})

Then result is has below:

MFelix_2-1643626301649.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @adelmonte ,

In this case you need to use the approach on the video below:

I have made a sample file with the formula that should be something similar to the one below:

MFelix_1-1643626143320.png

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added Custom", each [Category],  each  if Text.Contains( _[Category], "Product") then "Yes" else [Category] ,Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Category"})

MFelix_0-1643626124002.png

Has you can see the custom column (used for comparision only) give the same result has the one with the ReplaceValue. I also did not replace the full text by "No" to give the comparision between the values but if you change the values by:

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Added Custom", each [Category],  each  if Text.Contains( _[Category], "Product") then "Yes" else "No" ,Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Category"})

Then result is has below:

MFelix_2-1643626301649.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Muchas gracias Miguel!
Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors