Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

zebra
Helper II
Helper II

Extract Value from list of records if ID matches

Hi All,

Could you please help me out from the following situation?

Lets suppose I have data with two columns. The first column contains the ID and second column contains the list as follows

zebra_0-1696336941368.png

In the list, there can be multiple or no json records as follows

zebra_1-1696336995763.png

If I click any of the above record, then I get following json as follows

zebra_2-1696337017397.png

If I click on the third row lets say its key is mykey, then It is also a record and may contains the same ID that was in the first ID column as follows

zebra_3-1696337017397.png

Here I want to get the value of unit for that particular record in which mykey id matches with the id in the first column, if it did not match then just return the null.

Could anyone let me know how I can make a custom column to have unit value where first column ID matches with the ID in the list of records?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
If you are unsure how to do that please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

If you want to get answers faster please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors