Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Eastwindy
Regular Visitor

Errors occurred in the 'transform file' query. the column 'Jan' of the table wasn't found

Hi there,

The error occurred when I tried to load files in the folder into PowerBI. Please see below snapshot. 

Please tell me how to solve the errors.

Eastwindy_0-1704987902375.png

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
Eastwindy
Regular Visitor

Can you please tell me how to edit the queries so they no longer look for Jan? There is a column 'Jan' there actually. I don't know why the query overlook it.

The query shows: = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File", each #"Transform File"([Content]))

collinsg
Super User
Super User

Good day Eastwindy,

The highlighted step is invoking the query "Transform File" (the third of the helper queries listed in the panel on the left of the screen shot). It is invoking it with a parameter of the current row of the [Content] column. "Transform File" is performing some operation on Content where it expects but is not seeing a column "Jan". When the query was originally built the data will have contained a "Jan" column but it looks like that is missing now. You could edit the queries so they no longer look for Jan.

Hope this helps a little

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors