Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elionhoxha

Error connecting to Facebook API.

Hi, I have followed every official tutorial out there. I get this error both in Excel and PowerBI. 

I choose my page, and content. I log into facebook and accept Microsoft PowerBI app to get my FB data, then this appears.

Please if you have a fix it would really help.

Thank you.

error fb.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @elionhoxha,

I connect to Facebook from Power BI Desktop following the instructions in  this tutorial and everything works well.

Based on my research, the above warning is related to security setting of your Facebook account,  I would recommend you click Facebook Help Center in the above warning to check more information and post the question in Facebook community to get dedicated support.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did that and it only returns 5 columns: message, created_time, id, object_link and story.

Is there any way to fix that or is it a issue with the Facebook API?

I've got the same error, and I don't know how to fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors