Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MKH
Regular Visitor

Data Missing in some cells when loading in Power Query

Hi,

When I am loading data from a CSV to Power Query (and later to PowerBI Desktop) then some columns only show partial data.
In my example I have sales data where 2 columns are most of the time empty and I am not able to explain why. The data is already not present when opening power query to combine and optimize the data.

For this file type, I am loading data from an entire folder. in other cases I am loading a single file before inking these files together.

MKH_1-1661175599507.png

(I am sorry that I have had to remove some data to protect the privacy)

Further information:
Win10 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2022-08-22T13:43:18.0225256Z

Local Time:
2022-08-22T15:43:18.0225256+02:00

Session ID:
1bdd51bd-e230-487b-aa44-99a8f96ecac5

Release:
August 2022

Product Version:
2.108.825.0 (22.08) (x64)

3 REPLIES 3
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MKH ,

When you look at them individually, is the data all there? Is some data only lost when the whole folder is loaded?

And PowerQuery is case-sensitive, so make sure your column names are exactly the same as the ones in the CSV.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Hi Winniz,

thank you for your message.

The data is all there in the CSV, where I would expect them.

The header names are not modified from my side. I am accepting them as they are.

What factor is a changing amount of columns? In some months particular fields are not filled and these would then not be exported?

Best Regards,

Matthias

Hello, Did you get this solved? I also load CSV file and partial data is missing...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors