Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

zebra
Helper II
Helper II

Custom column

Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom column according to following input and expected output.

INPUT:

zebra_0-1696358195155.png

OUTPUT:

zebra_1-1696358224471.png

I want to check if id present in all_ids then get the value from all_unit according to the postion. e.g in the first row, we have id1 at first index then single_unit has 1. in the second row, we have id2 at second position then we get the value 4 in the single unit column and if the value does not exist then newly created column have null.

Please help me out.

thanks

zebra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @zebra ,
a column with the following formula should do that job:

Text.Split([all_unit], ","){List.PositionOf(Text.Split([all_ids], ","), [id])}

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @zebra ,
a column with the following formula should do that job:

Text.Split([all_unit], ","){List.PositionOf(Text.Split([all_ids], ","), [id])}

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Hi, @ImkeF 

Thanks for the quick reply, it solved the problem partially. I need to add the if condition to see index -1 otherwise it was giving error.

thanks 

zeebee

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors