Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shakirdudhia

Creating additional rows from each read row in table

Hi everyone,

Very novice power bi user, but understand very simple basics.

In short, I want to use a loop read through a table and generate additional information based on that.

As an example: For each row that is read, 3 rows (for example, can be more but to still be determined) are created with specific information brought in from other tables (the information of these is irrelevant). This is being done because this information will be used by another program which needs the input as such.

Once all the rows have been read from the initial table and the additional rows have been created, they can all be placed into a separate table.

Is it possible to do this in power query?

So as an exmaple:

Initial input is as follows

shakirdudhia_0-1713191101736.png

Output would look something like this:

shakirdudhia_1-1713191144701.png

The information pertaining to the other columns can be assumed to be arbitrary and be anything from text to numbers. I am solely focussed on knowing how to create this new table with the number of rows I need per initial table rows.

Thanking you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
dufoq3
Super User
Super User

Hi @shakirdudhia, it is possible, but provide sample data in usable format (read link below if you don't know how). Provide also expected result based on sample data. We need also such table with [Location], [House] and [Sport]

Note: Check this link to learn how to use my query.
Check this link if you don't know how to provide sample data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors