Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hamurai

Combining data to Populate pricing

I have a CSV export from the Ecommerce platform I am developing and pricing data in an xls format. The Pricing data has a UPC assigned to it and the CSV export has the same UPC assigned with the rest of the product information. I thought it might be possible to migrate the pricing data to the CSV using power query based on the common identifier of the UPC. If it wasnt to the tune of 1500+ I would gladly do it manually.  I would very much like a step by step or directions to a youtube video that genuinely shows what I am looking for as the tutorials I have found are close but do not accurately reflect the exact steps I personally need to take.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @Hamurai 

Can you please share some examples of what exactly you are trying to achieve? And if possible share sample data and expected results so we can help you with that.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @Hamurai 

Can you please share some examples of what exactly you are trying to achieve? And if possible share sample data and expected results so we can help you with that.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Hamurai_0-1665421717477.png

I have this document containing Pricing, UPC, and the name of the item.

then a second document that already has the UPC and MUCH more information and tabs

I would like to populate the PRICE field with the proper prices without having to individually search Each UPC as they arent in the same order/not all on both documents. There are 1500+ products and doing so manually would cost me days. 

Hamurai_2-1665422132836.png

Hi! @Hamurai 

You have accepted my post above as a solution. Please undo that.

Also, can you copy past like 10-20 rows in here or maybe populate the data in pbix and attach it here, so I can look into it.

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors