Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

connor-vme

Automated on-premise gateway primary switch

Using the DataGateway cmdlets and a service account I have been able to successfully automate adding a member to an existing cluster.

Currently, however, it seems that there is no way to automate switching the primary member. A human intervention is required using the gateway ui.

This ability would be very useful as it would allow maintaining a gateway cluster with fully dynamic backing servers. This makes the setup a lot more flexible and facilitates cattle-style servers which my preferred way of achieving automatic patching/updates and scaling.

Is this something that could be added to the DataGateway cmdlets in the future?

1 REPLY 1
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @connor-vme ,

Thank you for presenting your scenario.
As you mentioned, there is no automatic switching of master members directly via DataGateway cmdlets yet.

Consider providing this feedback directly through the Microsoft Fabric Ideas. Feature requests from customers usually guide the prioritization of new features. The Power BI team is continuously enhancing the product based on user feedback.

And continue to monitor product updates:
Power BI Blog—Updates and News | Microsoft Power BI

We understand the importance of such functionality in our future work and would like to see continued improvements in this area.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors