Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Switching to another screen when data exist in a field

So my App is conected to a PowerBI Dashboard and there is a table which the app references and adds data to it. I have a column in the table that has a list of IDs that the app references and for each of the ID selected, there is a form on the app that allows users to add data for the selected ID. What I expect the app to do is to switch to another page if other fields for the selected ID contains data. 

Or is it possible for 2 forms to switch on a condition on the same screen so when the user selects the ID and it doesn't contain data in the other fields, a form appears to allow the user to insert new data and when there exist data, a different form appears to allow user make changes to the data in those fields. 

1 REPLY 1
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Assuming your app is a canvas app, this should be possible

In the OnSelect, use an if statement to check for the field containing data, and put a navigate() pointing to screen X (containing your new form) in the true action (containing your new form, and screen Y (containing your edit form) in the false action 

Happy to build out a quick Proof of Concept over the weekend if you need further explanation 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors