Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

NikkiBags
Frequent Visitor

Smartsheet Dashboard

Hi all!  I am trying to embed a powerbi report in smartsheets that will live on a dashboard for executives. I cannot publish the report publicly and the executives don't have power bi. I have tried multiples time set this up with Azure but I am having no luck. I just want to be able to embed report for non users to view. Any help will is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @NikkiBags,

Can you share a bit more details about your app setup. Did you for example use any of the examples and if so which language are you using? (.NET Core, .NET Framework, React-TS or something else?)

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-Developer-Samples

NikkiBags
Frequent Visitor

Sorry hit enter too fast, everthing is permissioned for PowerBi in Azure.  I just want to be able to embed powerbi report in Smartsheet for non power bi users to share without login.  I cannot publish publicly which would solve this whole mess

NikkiBags
Frequent Visitor

so far I have set up in Azure and was able to get a token.  When I try to run my html to Chrome I get a blank screen with Uncaught ReferenceError: models is not defined
at window.onload (embedded_powerbi_report.html:19:28)

Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @NikkiBags,

Sounds like the Embed for your organization scenario might be a fit for your situation:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-analytics-power-bi#embed-for-...

What have you tried setting up earlier? Can you share a bit more details about what you have tried before?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.