Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

asifsarwer

Power BI Embedded Report in HTML page shows label "This is a free trial version". How to remove it?

I am using power bi embedded report in a web application using iframe tag in html. I have made .pbix report in Power BI Desktop tool and hosted the .pbix report in a workspace created in app.powerbi.com. On app.powerbi.com, I have bought Pro license that costs 10$ per month. The report hosted on workspace provides an iframe tag that I have pasted in html document in my web application. When I open that html page, I see the report. But that report shows banner "This is a free trial version. To remove this label, a capacity must be purchased". I have looked into capacity links. It gives options to buy capacity from portal.azure.com that costs 750$ per month. The data that I show in report has maximum 1 GB data. I am not willing to buy 750$ per month capacity for showing report with considerably small data size (maximum 1 GB). How can I get rid of the banner on report.? Would I have to buy 750$ per month capacity from portal.azure.com? Can you please suggest me the cheapest way to get rid of that label on report?

3 REPLIES 3
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

Embedding without this message requires premium capacity, yeah. This is because you're embedding it in places where it doesn't require a license for users to view, and if they didn't charge more for it people would use that to get around paying for viewer licenses for pro. 

Hi @christinepayton 

When you say "you're embedding it in places where it doesn't require a license for users to view" is there any documentation about this?

I thought using the Embed report -> Website or Portal option wouldn't require Premium as users need to be logged in to view it, therefore users  with Pro licences would be able to view it. Or am I missing something?

They don't need to be logged in with a Microsoft account to view embedded reports - that's kind of the unique value proposition of embedded. You can use custom auth for it, so often you'll see it embeded it in products for customers that don't use Microsoft accounts etc (documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-customer-app). This is why it's so expensive. 🙂

You can embed it in SharePoint pages without premium, though, using the Power BI web part. If your users have MS accounts, that would be the way to do it-- 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.