Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IvanDJ

Select All in Mobile View grey out

Hi, 

Has select all in mobile view in desktop version been solved. It's still grey out. It worked in June 2023. After that month I haven't checked untill today.

Snimka zaslona 2023-08-31 072241.jpg

Br,
Ivan

4 REPLIES 4
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @IvanDJ ,

The selection options are intentionally disabled to ensure uniform filtering across both mobile and desktop (mobile landscape) views.

Having different selection settings between these views would lead to compatibility issues.

In order to change the selection setting for mobile, you can modify them within the desktop layout, and these changes will automatically carry over to the mobile layout

Thanks,

Michal

Hi Michal, 

I have been teaching Power BI and implementing it thoughtout different companies for more then few years, and my clients never once complained the there are issues when using slicers in mobile view or Power BI service with different option. They loved the opportunity to have mobile slicer selection different from web slicer. By default, slicer selection was transfered for desktop view to mobile view, and the ability to change it was very cool feature (or you could leave it in default state). I don't understand what were compatibility issues. 

Hopefully this will be fixed otherwise why is there the possibility to have any difference between mobile view and desktop view!

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi @IvanDJ 

Different formatting options for mobile visuals became available in February 2022. Some settings cannot be altered specifically for mobile and are disabled.

Slicer settings selection has been disabled for mobile layouts to ensure they remain consistent whether the user is in portrait or landscape mode.

Can you provide a scenario where you need to use selection different selection options between ween the two layouts?

Thanks,

Michal

Hi,

for me this is crucial:

"Slicer settings selection has been disabled for mobile layouts to ensure they remain consistent whether the user is in portrait or landscape mode."

When looking at report on mobile phone, when report is in portrait view, then all mobile formating applies. When you switch to landscape view, then you are in web view, you leave mobile view, and thus different slicer settings should apply. 

Viewing reports in mobile phone is different then viewing reports prepared for mobile viewing. This is why we prepare reports for mobile viewing, so that they can have different slicer options from when viewing in normal "web mode", "landscape mode" on mobile phone. 

Please send my feedback to developers. This feature was brilliant, and was working perfectly fine.

Best regards,

Ivan

Ivan

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors