Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Search in slicers are case sensitive in Fabric

If the data in the datawarehouse is in uppercase, and we search the slicers with lowercase then we don't see any results. But it works we search it in  uppercase. It appears that the Search slicers in the reports are case sensitive in Fabric reports.

What can be done to fix this issue?

Hi  @swikritee_p 

The search slicer you used is Text Filter ? I tested uppercase and lowercase in Fabric , it seems to be case insensitive. Maybe you can refer to my screenshot . 

Can you describe in detail the steps you took to get the data and create the report ?

Recording 2023-11-08 at 10.25.04.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @swikritee_p 

The search slicer you used is Text Filter ? I tested uppercase and lowercase in Fabric , it seems to be case insensitive. Maybe you can refer to my screenshot . 

Can you describe in detail the steps you took to get the data and create the report ?

Recording 2023-11-08 at 10.25.04.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

diego123cr

The same problem is happening to me. After some research, I found a question (74074882) on Stack Overflow. Based on the answer, I think the issue is due to the data coming from a DirectQuery data source. The referenced answer stated that to solve the issue, the COLLATION of the data source (Snowflake DB) must be changed to CI (case-insensitive). However, in my case, the data is coming from a Delta table in a Fabric HouseLake, and after a thorough review, I didn't find any similar option in the source.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Binu
Employee

I am also facing the same issue...

The Fabric semantic models are built on top of fabric lakehouse delta tables.

And in the power BI slicers we have seen that the Geography related slicers ( Ex: Country , State , City ) are case sensitive   but other slicers like Products etc. are not case sensitive.

Not sure how few slicers are case sensitive and few are not in Fabric.

Any help/understanding here would be highly appreciated.

IrkenCR
Employee

Working with a customer for the same problem but it seems that it's an expected case. It's more a matter of that Power BI Desktop (excluding Power Query) and Service are case-insensitive by default. 

Reference: Letter case-sensitivity in DAX, Power BI and Analysis Services - SQLBI