Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Schedule refresh sometimes fails for Google Sheets data source.

Dear members

Hope that you all are doing great. I am writing here to resolve a google sheets connector error. Below is the detail. I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

I have a report having various data sources. One data source is a google sheet connected through Power BI/Google Sheets connector.

Sometimes scedule refresh fails to refresh the report and when I do a manual refresh it works. Sometimes manaul refresh aslo doesn't work. I started receiving these error recently. I think just a week or two ago.  Below is the error text.

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"<ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://sheets.googleapis.com/v4/spreadsheets/1SFaLvXgIV0lYpSonpwCTw1Y7XCW9Rsws9_cQQVFb9oo?fields=sh...' (429): Too Many Requests</ccon>"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"GoogleSheets"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SFaLvXgIV0lYpSonpwCTw1Y7XCW9Rsws9_cQQVFb9oo/edit#gid=0"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Url","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://sheets.googleapis.com/v4/spreadsheets/1SFaLvXgIV0lYpSonpwCTw1Y7XCW9Rsws9_cQQVFb9oo?fields=sh..."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: dim_betterplaces gs_exchnage_rates.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-E-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 7286fe22-df00-4608-94df-ac6cc6200201
Request ID: dbd6c6e5-f5c5-4768-877b-f3e3f59ab855
Time: 2023-04-01 10:06:10Z 

Hi @rashidanwar ,

You got a 429 too many request error from the error message, it simply means that there are a lot of requests from the user’s end. When the requests are beyond capacity for the web servers, your browser will crash and display the code.  

I suggest you change the time of the schedule refresh, maybe there're other refreshes at the same time. Then, try to clear the browser cache.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @rashidanwar ,

You got a 429 too many request error from the error message, it simply means that there are a lot of requests from the user’s end. When the requests are beyond capacity for the web servers, your browser will crash and display the code.  

I suggest you change the time of the schedule refresh, maybe there're other refreshes at the same time. Then, try to clear the browser cache.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

alberto_garcia

I have the same problem when connecting my report to the PowerBI Gateway. Maybe something to do with a credentials failure and retries from the gateway itself...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, is there a fix for this?

Unable to refresh the datasource if it resides in the google sheets.

Please help

Digger
Post Patron

Same sh*it