Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Renaming columns in Power Query doesn't show up in Power Bi desktop model/data/report view

When renaming columns in the power query editor (Table.RenameColumns) the steps are applied correctly.

When clicking close and apply the table is refreshed and the old column names are there. Renaming doesn't get through.

Power Bi reports refreshed on the Power Bi service don't have this problem. This problem first appeared Friday the 16th.

We use the Dataverse connector to connect to dynamics.

Hi @JS-PBI ,

The issue has been reported internally, if there're any progress, I will update here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
AVESTO

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft 

As per @NBurnat comment above, I too am experiencing the exact same issue.

Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (November 2023)

See below very basic querry which:

• connects to Dataverse 'Source' CommonDataService.Database("orga12a3b4c.crm6.dynamics.com")
  • 'Navigates' to data Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="vf_mytableofdata"]}[Data]
  • 'Removes Columns' - standard Table.RemoveColumns script
  • 'Renames Columns' - standard Table.RenameColumns script (see below)

AVESTO_0-1701401663269.png

However query editor is closed and data is loaded... the Rename Columns doesn't hold

AVESTO_1-1701402094280.png

If i put the Table.RenameColumns step AHEAD of the Table.RemoveColumns Step... no difference. The Table.RemoveColumns step still executes and the un-wanted columns removed, but the Table.RenameColumns step does not hold. 

SlackDave

This quite big bug has been reintroduced with either the Nov or Dec update. The August update download seems to be the only working version on this currently

Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn