Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Power BI service layout different from Desktop layout in Edge and IE

Dear Power BI support,

My reports show a different layout depending on the browser that I´m using. It works fine in Chrome, but not in Edge and IE. What can I do to make it work in all browsers?

I´m working with the latest versions of PBI and the webbrowsers.

Br.

Guusthttps://imgur.com/a/JFvoSKE 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@GuustD 

I cannot reproduce the issue with the latest version of Power BI DesktopYou may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

GuustD
Helper I

Dear support team,

I have just created a ticket to get assistance, although I´m quite sure that this is a bug in either Power BI or in both Edge and IE. Hereby another attempt to explain the issue again and will describe how to replicate it;

The yellow lines in the link here below are separate elements in the report that I used to separate the categories in my matrix. As you can see, these elements will not keep their original place when opened in Edge or IE;

https://imgur.com/a/JFvoSKE 

I've seen multiple tickets that indicate this behavior and so far the only answer I see is that you can´t replicate the issue. The way to replicate this is;
- Create a large matrix with multiple rows. Let it reach from top to bottom in the screen using Power BI Desktop.
- Place (Power BI shapes) a line on each row in Power BI Desktop
- Publish to webservice and open in Edge or IE (you should see the lines on different places compared to the matrix)
- Publish to webservice and open in Chrome (here the lines still hold their original position compared to the matrix)

Kind regards,

Guust

JOAOLBMARTINS
Helper II

Is there any reply to this issue? 

I'm facing the same problem, on Edge the layout is the same as in Power BI Desktop. However when we go to Chrome the layout just mess up.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

João Martins

JOAOLBMARTINS
Helper II

Hi all,

Just found out what is going on in my end, basically the zoom rate on the web browser impacts how Power BI service renders the visuals on the report, making those small variances to occur.

As fas as I've tested, looks like the zoom rate at 90% matches the Power BI Desktop.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

João Martins