Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI reports now require premium per user licence

Hi - looking for some help with Power BI licences. I've got 6 PowerBI Pro licences for users in one of our companies. They have reports they've been using for months with no issues. Since Wednesday 1st May, they have no longer been able to access these reports. It states they need a Premium Per User licence to access it. Has something changed? Have they inadvertently changed something? I'm not a user of the software and don't have a licence myself. 

any suggestions are most welcome. 

Thanks

James

Hi  @JamesAtkins 

First, you need to determine, if their Pro license is expired. Second, whether the user who created the report is using a PPU license, because the report created by the user with a PPU license can only be accessed by the user with a PPU license, and the user with a Pro license does not have access to it.

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @JamesAtkins 

First, you need to determine, if their Pro license is expired. Second, whether the user who created the report is using a PPU license, because the report created by the user with a PPU license can only be accessed by the user with a PPU license, and the user with a Pro license does not have access to it.

Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao