Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop wont bring in the visio visual - Visio Integration

Hi, When entering the link into the Visio Viual field in power BI Desktop, the visual goes to a blank box.

I  have tried using the embed link from visio online and the url for the file when i open the visio diagram online, but nothing works.

It use to work approx 2 months ago but now i just get blank boxes.

Thanks

A Fix to Power BI Desktop has been released, please update to the latest version (2.99.862.0)to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
swhelan77

All,

Looks like i have resolved this.

I rolled back the version of Power BI Desktop to version 2.96.1061.0 64-bit (August 2021) and the visual now imports as it should.

I used this version as i know it was working around this date. I havent tested the later releases as to when it stops working.

You can get older versions at : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de...

Hope this helps someone.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have reproduced it in my side when using November version and sumbitted internal to comfirm this issue(ICM:272915423).

Currently we can use the previous version of Power BI Desktop(suggest Sept version or earlier) to use this visual normally.

Would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about this issue.

Best Regards,

dirkkoch
Helper III

@v-yingjl has there been any news on the issues with the Visio visual in the November Power BI Desktop version. I am also experiencing difficulties, meaning that the visual is not showing anymore (also it is properly connected) and I am not able to assign data to the shapes.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

A Fix to Power BI Desktop has been released, please update to the latest version (2.99.862.0)to check it again.

Best Regards,

dirkkoch
Helper III

@v-yingjl thanks a lot 👍 ! It is working perfectly again.