Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Not being able to publish, loading infinitelly

In the last weeks, I'm not being able to publish any report in PBI it's loading forever and all the other people in my team is being able to publish it in less than 10 minutes, I want to understand how to solve this,

This only happens in huge datasets, like this one that has 600mb

Orquisa_0-1688996396970.png

I also tried to upload from the web version but the 

Orquisa_0-1688998805446.png

Hi @Orquisa ,

It sounds like you may be experiencing performance issues with Power BI when working with large datasets. Here are a few things you can try to improve performance:

1. Optimize your data model: Make sure your data model is designed efficiently and that you are using the appropriate data types and relationships.

2. Reduce the amount of data: If possible, try to reduce the amount of data you are working with by filtering or aggregating it before loading it into Power BI.

3. Increase hardware resources: If your computer is struggling to handle the large dataset, consider upgrading your hardware or using a more powerful computer.

4. Use DirectQuery mode: If your dataset is too large to load into memory, consider using DirectQuery mode to query the data directly from the data source.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Orquisa ,

It sounds like you may be experiencing performance issues with Power BI when working with large datasets. Here are a few things you can try to improve performance:

1. Optimize your data model: Make sure your data model is designed efficiently and that you are using the appropriate data types and relationships.

2. Reduce the amount of data: If possible, try to reduce the amount of data you are working with by filtering or aggregating it before loading it into Power BI.

3. Increase hardware resources: If your computer is struggling to handle the large dataset, consider upgrading your hardware or using a more powerful computer.

4. Use DirectQuery mode: If your dataset is too large to load into memory, consider using DirectQuery mode to query the data directly from the data source.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Orquisa
Frequent Visitor

Modifying the dataset is not an option, since it works for every other user in my company, they can publish in less than 10 minutes. This excludes possibilities 1,2 and 4.

About increasing the hardware, it's a standard computer from the company that has the same settings, the only difference is that they have 32gb of ram while I only have 16gb  and I also checked the internet, but I have more internet than them

I have no clues of what can be