Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Missing Page Refresh Option

I am wanting to setup automatic page refresh on a report. The help section below appears to be outdated (or I am completetly missing something). The Formatting button no longer exists in the desktop app. Where can I find the Page Refresh option in the newer versions?

Automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

To use automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop, select the report page for which you want to enable automatic page refresh. In the Visualizations pane, select the Formatting button (a paint roller) and find the Page refresh section near the bottom of the pane.

Hi @archedraft ,

There are a few things to keep in mind when you use automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop or in the Power BI service:

• Import storage mode is not supported for automatic page refresh.
  • Composite models that have at least one DirectQuery data source are supported.
  • You can only have one change detection measure per semantic model.
  • There can only be a maximum of 10 models with change detection measure in a Power BI tenant.

Please make sure you are not meet these limitations above.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @archedraft ,

There are a few things to keep in mind when you use automatic page refresh in Power BI Desktop or in the Power BI service:

• Import storage mode is not supported for automatic page refresh.
  • Composite models that have at least one DirectQuery data source are supported.
  • You can only have one change detection measure per semantic model.
  • There can only be a maximum of 10 models with change detection measure in a Power BI tenant.

Please make sure you are not meet these limitations above.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

archedraft

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for looking into this. I am just looking for the page to refresh at a set interval like it used to be able to do in older releases. I am OK with the limitations you list above. Let me know when this has been added back into Power BI.