Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Inconsistent Labelling of Continuous X-Axis on Multiple Chart Types

Hi there,

I have recently come across a bug that seems to be across all our Power BI reports and affects multiple chart types (Line & Stacked Column, 100% Stacked Column, and Stacked Area 100% confirmed).

Taking one report as an example: I have a Custom Date table, marked as a date table within my model. In my report canvas I have a slicer based on a Year-Quarter-Month date hierarchy, and the aforementioned chart types using the date field on the x-axis, with continuous as the type, expanded to month level.

When unfiltered, the x-axis labels appear as expected:

BITomS_0-1708966281964.png

When filtering for year, everything is still as expected:

BITomS_1-1708966348413.png

However, it gets weird at Quarterly and Monthly levels, BUT, only when January or Q1 is selected. Any other quarter or month shows as expected:

-Incorrect labelling on Q1 or Jan:

BITomS_2-1708966455752.pngBITomS_3-1708966480324.png

-Correct Labelling for other Quarters/Months:

BITomS_4-1708966545806.pngBITomS_5-1708966568693.png

If the issue was consistent, then I would accept the problem being my data model, but given the inconsistency, it must be on the MS side. Please may you investigate?

FYI, I am based in the UK region. Thanks!

Hi @BITomS 

The date in 100% Stacked Column is a primitive column or a calculated column ? If you select a month, normally the corresponding month is displayed on the X-axis. Can you provide your sample with a pbix file (remove sensitive info) ? Also what version of Desktop are you using?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @BITomS 

The date in 100% Stacked Column is a primitive column or a calculated column ? If you select a month, normally the corresponding month is displayed on the X-axis. Can you provide your sample with a pbix file (remove sensitive info) ? Also what version of Desktop are you using?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

BITomS
Resolver III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft, the date in all cases is a primative column. Correct that when a month is selected, it usually displays the corresponding month, EXCEPT for January - only year is shown, as per my previous screenshots. And there is also the issue with Q1, but no other quarters.

Version: 2.126.927.0 64-bit (February 2024)

I will look to share a pbix with sensitive info removed, shortly...

BITomS
Resolver III
BITomS
Resolver III

@v-yetao1-msft this issue still persists and I have provided the info required, so please may you update the status of the ticket and provide a response?