Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hidden Tables Showing in App Workspace When Set to Hidden in Desk

I have an issue where hidden tables from PowerBI Desktop are showing visible in the app workspace that they were published to. It was my assumption that if you hide them in your desktop file that the hidden classification should hold through to the app workspace. Is this not the case?

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Would you like to share some screenshots about the detail of your issue and post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible?

I also suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue. Just started to be an issue within 24h. Before that it worked perfectly

Updating to the newest version of Power BI Desktop didn't fix the issue

virajwannige92
Regular Visitor

I am having same excat issue. In my case, both hidden fields and tables are visible in workspace but in desk thos are hiddden,
In Desktop :

virajwannige92_0-1632903282072.png

In Workspace :

virajwannige92_1-1632903390971.png

dcipl_biteam

Hi, Even I am facing the same issue.

All hidden fields and tables in PBI Desktop are now visible on PBI services workspace.

This is some recent change, pls fix it ASAP.

Thanks

macandcheeze88
Regular Visitor

As of Yesterday, we started seeing fields that were hidden, however we also now have .UniqueName after all of our fields and when the user puts the value into the report via PowerBI, they get the MDX query of the value, not just the value as they previously did. They are still hidden as expected in Power BI Desktop.
macandcheeze88_0-1632921901535.png

AdrienneB
Frequent Visitor

I am not sure if I found the same but hidden fields seem to be available for reporting in the PBI Services report writer but hidden in the desktop version. This is creating confusion as it looks if there are 2 different versions of the same dataset. 

I also posted it here: Re: Fields hidden in the dataset are visible throu... - Microsoft Power BI Community

tobiaseld
Regular Visitor

We are seeing the same issue across multiple tenants, on all data sets. 

RyanBentham
Kudo Commander

This has to be resolved asap.  The service is essentially showing all fields & table, and ignoring anything set to hidden.  This is affecting a large number of reports across our tenant and ruining the user experience

drum1010
Advocate II

yep, seeing the same thing here... how the hell this gets past QA is astonishing, but things happen... luckily i name all of my hidden tables with a "weird naming convention" so the business knows just to overlook those temporarily... but this needs to be solved ASAP

Razorbx13
Post Patron

Same here..........if not fixed ASAP I have to figure some things out quickly!