Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Error when using AppSource visuals. "Something went wrong" Loop

When using appsource visuals I frequently run into an error where selected fields go blank in the build pane a white arrow appears to the left and then I get stuck in a loop of a something went wrong message. With the only way to get out of it being quitting via task manager. 

swift_devon_0-1713283170750.pngswift_devon_1-1713283172388.png

Hi @swift_devon ,

Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using?I did a brief test in the latest version and it doesn't seem to reproduce your problem, any more information would be appreciated!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @swift_devon ,

Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using?I did a brief test in the latest version and it doesn't seem to reproduce your problem, any more information would be appreciated!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

swift_devon
Regular Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

For example was testing it on the Bullet chart from AppSource. It doesnt always happen immediately but some times when dragging fields into the build pane it creates those errors. I have probably had it happen 6 times in the past week. Have reported the issue every time and attempted to close but it just gets stuck in that popup loop. 

swift_devon_0-1713379469962.png