Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Embedded Power using the Add In crashes PowerPoint

I have about 7 embedded dashboards (7 slides) in a Powerpoint presentation (of about 20 slides total).  My users are having issues when they open the PowerPoint file and navigate to the 5th slide (the first embedded PowerBI slide). 

Often PowerPoint will crash when navigating to this slide and when tries to load the PowerBI (it actually freezes and does not fix itself, the program must be restarted).  This seems to happen a fair amount and oddly when one PC does the below 'trick' it usually doesn't happen again for awhile for that PC.

The trick is: Navigate directly upon opening to about slide 11 (a non-embedded slide, which is immediately following several embedded PBI slides).  THEN navigate directly to the first embedded PBI slide - now it will load all embedded PBI slides without an issue and also will not crash again while remaining open.  

Any idea how I can fix this?  It is awkward and diffcult to instruct 30+ users to navigate to a specific slide then another slide to prevent this.  

Running Microsoft 365 App for enterprise.

Hi @Donny620 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide screenshot or video of the operation for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Donny620 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide screenshot or video of the operation for reference ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao