Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Completely different query results between Power BI Desktop and report refreshed in service

I have a Power BI report that is sourced from PDF files in a SharePoint online library.  It is very low volume, and I am getting the expected results when refreshing through Power BI Desktop.  When I refresh after publishing the report, however, the results are completely different.  No gateway, no errors, no authentication issues, but the results are wrong—making the report unusable.

Since I cannot step through the queries in the service, I'm not even sure how to start troubleshooting.  Without a better explanation, I assume there is a defect somewhere between the two.

Hi, @regerror6 

So, for now your problem is solved, right. I will update the status to Delivered , if you have any questions in the future, you can leave a message .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi , @regerror6 

In your scenario, please ensure these the filter condition both in desktop and service are the same then compare the results. Also please browser cache then republish the report to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,

regerror6
Frequent Visitor

There were no filters in the desktop or service, and I cleared the cache; however, I was still seeing the discrepancy.

I was able to resolve the issue by cleaning up one of my functions.  For some reason, it must process differently through the service.  I am still scratching my head, but it is working (for now).

Thanks for the suggestion!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi, @regerror6 

So, for now your problem is solved, right. I will update the status to Delivered , if you have any questions in the future, you can leave a message .

Best Regards,