Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Card (New) visual broken in December Update

Having major issues with the formatting of Card (New) since the update:

JT_MSUK_0-1704277663199.png

Padding options:

JT_MSUK_1-1704277769684.png

This card with two rows and 3 columns was perfect in the November update, all text was centred. Now the text is all the way to the left, the horizontal alignment ignores the padding too, and there appears to be an invisible accent bar at the bottom of each card that cuts into the text, even though my accent bar is at the top.

It's on every single one of my cards, gthe text also seems to ignore the accent bar. I have tried to create a new card and get the same problem, issue also persists if saving and opening PowerBi in my Workspace.

Can I revert back to the November update to get this to function correctly again?

Hi all,

We reported this behavior internally and received the following response from the PG team:

This is by design. We are not moving any of the components with the accent bar and move the accent bar layer to be on the top.
The cx should just use padding at the top of the the card to move the content down.

Engineers are doing their best to optimize this preview feature, thanks for your feedback and support!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JT_MSUK 

How did you filter the field with data ? I add a row "test" and the sales is 0 , then I select the "test" in a slicer to filter data . The result returned is 0.

vyetao1msft_0-1705992574320.pngvyetao1msft_1-1705992598334.png

vyetao1msft_2-1705992639199.png

Can you provide the exact procedure for reference via screenshot or video?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

JT_MSUK
Advocate I

@v-yetao1-msft - I have a calendar table using three slicers on the page - one for years, one for months, and one to pick from my categories - my current selection is 2024, January and a category I know has data in. As soon as I change it to one which does NOT have data in, it retains the same data as the previous selection.

My category slicer has is ignoring the month filter so I can display all categories. I would expect a category without any data in to show as blank.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  @JT_MSUK 

I created a calendar table and added three slicers , then I submitted it to Service . I still haven't restored your question. 

vyetao1msft_0-1706607863608.png

c.gif

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

We reported this behavior internally and received the following response from the PG team:

This is by design. We are not moving any of the components with the accent bar and move the accent bar layer to be on the top.
The cx should just use padding at the top of the the card to move the content down.

Engineers are doing their best to optimize this preview feature, thanks for your feedback and support!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

TWijnen
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 
so it is by design that

* the accent bar has its own seperate shadow?

* setting all padding to 0 + callout values > values > horizontal alignment > centered -> does not center correctly?

TWijnen_1-1707311259477.png

this was not the behaviour in the previous versions
it seems the shadow causes all these problems

TWijnen
Frequent Visitor

It has been fixed. Thank you for the great communication.