Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Calculation Groups Break Smart Narrative for Text Measures.

To recreate.

Insert a simple measure that returns text.

Measure = "Test"

Add the measure to a smart narrative.

lasersharks_0-1667031196716.png

Create a calculation group with a calculation item (it can be anything).

lasersharks_1-1667031267798.png

Refresh and observe that smart narrative is now broken.

lasersharks_2-1667031279587.png

Hi @lasersharks 

I don't quite understand that step where you create the calculation. Where did you create this calculation and what is the result you are trying to achieve ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @lasersharks 

I don't quite understand that step where you create the calculation. Where did you create this calculation and what is the result you are trying to achieve ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

The calculation item is created using Tabular Editor. Calculation Groups are supported in Power BI but have to be created in an external tool. Creating a calculation item breaks the smart narrative if a measure returns text. Follow the steps to recreate exactly and please raise with the internal team as this is definitely a bug.

kjaniak

I'm running into this same issue. Has anyone found a workaround? Is there any hope that this bug will be fixed in a future release? It's preventing me from using calculation groups at all in most of my reporting.

lasersharks
Kudo Collector

From memory, I think the fix (which you have to keep doing) is change the Q&A language back to whatever it was (in my case English).