Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bug with September 2023 Version - DAX & CALCULATED COLUMNS NOT WORKING

Dear MSFT

Recently I've noticed that calculated column and dax measures s are going blank or unchanged after writing code.

Can you review this potential bug from September version? 

Thanks.

Hi  all,

Power BI released a new version on September 25th, please update to the latest version to see if the problem still exists.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
o59393
Post Prodigy

If you are having this issue please comment below.

Thanks.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @o59393 ,

Thanks for the feedback, can you provide detailed Power BI Desktop version information?
I wasn't able to reproduce your issue successfully, would you mind providing some screenshots to describe the issue, please be careful to hide sensitive information.

We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Having the same issue, every time I try to change or edit a calculated column with errors it just throws back to origin with 0 error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually think my issue might be related to when using "Return" function.

It seems to not let me edit the space before the return function once it has been called once..

I tried to paste below the return function (expection of cause error) and that worked.. so maybe it is some kind of proofing when writing calculated columns that is the issue.

o59393
Post Prodigy

@v-xiaoyan-msft  Hi, it's the september version. If I add update a measure in a calculated column, it will undo it a reverse it to the original condition. This is not normal.

Thanks.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @o59393 ,

I got the news that you have opened a surpport ticket.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

Best regards.

BigPicDeepDive
Regular Visitor

I am having this issue as well.... If the calculation violates rules instead of displaying a dax error the formula which is written disappears and the report refreshes. Example: If writing a measure and forgetting to use SUM the formula just disappears. If trying to reference a measure in a Column, the formula just disappears. No error messages are being generated. It is INSANELY FRUSTRATING to have your formula's just disappear with no error message. Freaking Power BI has to be the only software that releases automatic updates without a proper QA man. Seriously. Worst development team on the planet.

o59393
Post Prodigy

@BigPicDeepDive  Exactly! if the measure/calculated column violates the rule (example circular dependency) or adding measure into a calculated column, the formula just disappears

@v-xiaoyan-msft this issue is happenning to multiple users. 

Judith_de_Jong
Regular Visitor

Same thing since today and I'm on the September version as well. Seems if I create a calculated column based on another calcultated columns which has a CALCULATE in it, it won't save the modifcations to the new calculated column. If I remove the calculate in the DAX in the other column, it does save the changes. 

Alicia
Regular Visitor

I have experienced this issue as well with the Sep 23 version when modifying an existing calculated column. The calculation was valid with no errors, the column populated with the correct data, but after leaving the DAX formula area my changes didn't save.