Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bug: Pie Chart Values Color Not Changing

Hello All, 

Recently I was working on a dashboard using a pie chart. When I was making final adjustments to the dashboard, I notcied I cant change the text color for the detail labels on the pie chart. (for demonstrating purposes I made a new pie chart with random labels).

Visual and Format planeVisual and Format plane

When I attempted to change the color on the visual to black(or any other color), The text does not change colors.

For testing purposes, all the other fields work, I can change the font, bold, italicized, underline they all work. But the color functionalitiy does not. (attached below) 

Color Not workingColor Not working

AS you can see The values dont change color, I have used this before so I think its a bug that was introduced recently. 

But this issue is not present in other dashboards that I am currently working on. So not sure why this dashboard does not allow me to change the detail label colors. 

I am using Version: 2.109.844.0 64-bit (September 2022)

Let me know if you need any additional details. 

Thanks  

Hi @PBIandME ,

issue has been fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @PBIandME ,

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 340873943  . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best regards,

PBIandME
Advocate I

Update:

@v-mengzhu-msft 

The issue only occurs when the slices are all measures. if I put in a coulmn slice I am able to work around the glitch included extra screenshots for you to see the work around. 

issue as before  Bug_PBI_3.1.1.JPG

Color not updating

Color Does not applyColor Does not apply

Bold and other functions work

Color Does not apply 2Color Does not apply 2

Here you can see that as soon as I add a legend that is a physical coulmn in the data the color updates

Column Slice Added ( now color works)Column Slice Added ( now color works)

Now I can change the colors of the detail labels

can change the colorscan change the colors

As you can see the issue only occurs when I am using mesures throughout the pie chart, and for some reason the detail labels update to bold and underline but not the color. I hope that this extra infromation can help with troublshooting on what is causing this issue.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @PBIandME ,

issue has been fixed.

Best regards,

PBIandME
Advocate I

Hello, @v-mengzhu-msft 

Thank you, just to confirm,

in the next update this wont be an issue?

RichardT3

I see that this is marked as Fixed and Delivered, but I have the latest version (2.111.590.0 64-bit (November 2022), and still have this problem.

windowshopr
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here, with latest version as of December 2022, see screenshot. Would be cool to get this fixed.

Note, this is with measures as the data values too.

windowshopr_0-1670961210137.png

HILGARTH
Frequent Visitor

Working with the latest version of Power BI Desktop (February 2023) I find this issue is still not fixed.

It stays with the default color of the theme chosen and cannot be changed

PBIandME
Advocate I

@v-mengzhu-msft Please reopen the Issue 

@HILGARTH & @windowshopr & @RichardT3 

Please try my workaround by adding a column field to the legend, change the color of the values, and then remove the legend, thats the workaround I came up with when I was having the issue. 

windowshopr
Frequent Visitor

@PBIandME Thanks for the tip, however that doesn't really work in my case. All the slices of my pie chart are made of custom measures. When I add a random column to the legend, it drastically changes the values/slices in the pie chart, so I can't change the colours of the slices that I want to. When I try to drag the measures into the Legend section of the chart, they don't "stick", so it doesn't even allow the measures to be used as Legend members, which is fine as the legend just defaults to the values in the Values section, but your tip doesn't work in my case.

We just need to be able to change the slice colours of the pie chart, I guess regardless of the value types?

WallyWallWal
Helper I

@v-mengzhu-msft I am having the same issue on the April 2023 version that @windowshopr has been having. I can't imagine this is a difficult code fix.  If this has been an issue since the September 2022 version, then it needs to be looked into.