Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

App Request access screen not appearing with multiple App audiences

Hi,

I just experienced a bug with a multi-audience app, where the access request screen doesn't appear in a certain condition.

power-bi-request-access

The screen appears when a user accesses an app through a link where:

• there is only one audience and they don't have access to it
  • there are multiple audiences and they don't have access to any of them

However, if the user has access to at least one audience within the app, and they attempt to access a link leading to a section of the app for an audience they are not a part of, the request access screen will not be displayed. Instead they will see this screen:

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

Can you please look into fixing the request access screen to appear in the above case? This is confusing the users.

Hi @meehow ,

Please check if you have met the same issue:

"Customer is facing an issue with App audience feature in Power BI while sharing a dashboard via App, where end users are getting an error message (“the report shown in this tile doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it”) while accessing the shared app link.

They noticed that when they provide member access (as a member of the workspace) to the same users then the users were able to view the content in the report using the shared app link."

If your issue is the same as above, it's by design not a bug.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @meehow ,

Please check if you have met the same issue:

"Customer is facing an issue with App audience feature in Power BI while sharing a dashboard via App, where end users are getting an error message (“the report shown in this tile doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission to view it”) while accessing the shared app link.

They noticed that when they provide member access (as a member of the workspace) to the same users then the users were able to view the content in the report using the shared app link."

If your issue is the same as above, it's by design not a bug.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

meehow

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft,

I don't think so - the issue you described is rather vague, and here I am looking to have the same experience when accessing an app where you have access to 1 aduence via a link to the content of another audience to be the same as accessing an app you don't have any access at all - you get the "Request access" screen.

andrewtuplin
Advocate II

Same issue. I've updated the Request Access instructions but the instructions are not shown to users that do not have access.  Was this feature not tested at all?