Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anyone else having issues with plotly?

Since Saturday we're expierencing severe issues with custom R-Visuals that use plotly in PowerBI service.
The visuals won't load at all and just give the error message "Missing Dependency For A Known R Package. Package 'plotly' has a dependency that is currently unavailable".

Everything works fine in PowerBI desktop so my guess is that some R-libraries have been updated on the PowerBI servers that cause plotly to break. This has indeed been an issue and cause of visuals not loading anymore in the past.

Is this something anyone else is expierencing?

Cheers,
Arne

Comments
sr2020
Regular Visitor

Same issue here...it was working fine till Friday..Looking for quick support from MS.

diegotorresf1
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone,

Is anyone able to place a ticket to get this resolved? I tried but it did not go through. 

Missing Dependency For A Known R Package
Package 'plotly' has a dependency that is currently unavailable
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 5e5f6473-5365-4ee6-93c8-be974e3c7b07
Request ID: 9efa13bd-7afb-9026-8119-9e6160a4a9d0
Correlation ID: 4ce086fa-c79d-7d7d-7f0c-96af5c7792de
Time: Mon Feb 24 2020 11:05:37 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.12439.183
Client version: 2002.3.018
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

jneil
Regular Visitor

Same issue here:

" Missing Dependency For A Known R Package

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. "

I was also having issues with tidyr and the "pivot_longer" a week ago.

alexiso25

Hello,

I have the same problem:

Falta la dependencia de un paquete de R conocido
Vuelva a intentarlo más tarde o póngase en contacto con el soporte técnico. Proporcione estos detalles si se pone en contacto con ellos.
Identificador de actividad: e42876d1-ede5-4959-9634-f5077e0432b1
Identificador de la solicitud: 783b8574-abda-d269-969d-a3ad7c3c7871
Id. de correlación: 2062e151-338f-6a2a-f3e9-0541063f5f73
Hora: Mon Feb 24 2020 17:06:11 GMT-0500 (hora estándar de Colombia)
Versión del servicio: 13.0.12439.190
Versión del cliente: 2002.3.018
URI de clúster: https://wabi-south-central-us-api.analysis.windows.net/

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please share a pbix file with us to reproduce the issue. If possible, please remove sensitive data in the report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive, paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jneil
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msftDue to the sensitive nature of my report I can't post it. However,  the "Forecasting with ARIMA" visualization that is in the marketplace also gives the same error when published due to the plotly package. I know this was a microsoft developed visualization that uses the plotly package. The issue only occurs for me when I publish my report to the service. I am assuming because plotly works fine on my local machine, there must be an issue on the service side?

akoeller
Advocate I

@jneil 

I suspect the same thing. Someone has updated plotly or rather dependencies of plotly over the weekend on the server side.

This happened before, see https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/R-package-dplyr-and-rlang-versions-no-longer-compatible-with...  Also, microsoft doesn't seem to update their R version page on PowerBI Service regulary.

This is a pretty severe bug as a lot of visualizations run with plotly. I've opened a ticket but I encourage anyone with the same issue to do the same so that microsoft does something about it fast.

alejoburu
Frequent Visitor

Same problem on power bi server. Works on power bi desktop.ploty.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

It's a known issue listed in Support site, please keep an eye on the status of this issue there. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

TomTomTom
Helper II

Same issue ☹️