Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

100% stacked column chart - Detail label font color not being correctly displayed/inherited

Hello,

As of the latest release of PBI desktop (version: 2.128.751.0), the 100% stacked column chart detail labels do not display or inherit the correct font color by default. This applies both to standard Microsoft default themes and custom variants. Only an explicit font color reference (using 'detailColor') in a custom theme file or alternatively a manual override appears to solve the issue, but ideally it would 'simply' inherit the color from elsewhere in the file, as this would facilitate a simpler, cleaner JSON theme file (which of course has multiple benefits).

To visually demonstrate, here is a 100% stacked colum chart with the default PBI theme in place and Data labels switched on (which by default uses the detail labels as expected). Note the highlighte color options in the Detail formatting panel, which do not match the physical font color:

D_M_0-1712847039618.png

This also applies to standard custom themes, like so (in this case, the intended style is for the font to appear black against a white background):

D_M_1-1712847111224.png

In both cases, the correct font color is ostensibly being referenced, but not translated into the visual. However, if the font color is drilled into, the correct hex value is revealed (this also fixes the font color of course, as PBI sees any access to this menu as a hard override):

D_M_2-1712847236112.png

If using the explicit 'detailColor' value in the custom JSON theme file, this also fixes the issue, though this should NOT be necessary:

D_M_3-1712847355262.png

Hoping this can be fixed relatively easily, as we're mindful of keeping our custom theme file as streamlined as possible and anomalies such as this are nudging us in the wrong direction, adding granular formatting where it should be avoided if possible, thanks!

Hi @D_M ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Would it be convenient for you to provide a sample pbix so that we can better describe to the PG team the issues users are having?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @D_M ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Would it be convenient for you to provide a sample pbix so that we can better describe to the PG team the issues users are having?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

D_M
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi Caitlyn,

Sure, however as I'm not a Super User I cannot attach the file directly to my post and using an otherwise public cloud storage platform (Dropbox etc.) is against company policy? The issue in question should be easy to replicate though? Otherwise if there's another secure way for me to share an example PBIX file I'm happy to do so, thanks!