Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vi1996ash
Employee
Employee

Variable Azure cost for Fabric F64 capacity for each day.

I have not stopped my F64 fabric capacity and have been monitoring the cost for each day. I've noticed that the cost varies. According to the documentation, the cost should remain constant and only change in cases of pausing, scaling up, or scaling down.  On March 3rd, we ran a Spark load for 6 hours, while for the rest of the day, there were other loads.

vi1996ash_0-1714299564948.png

8 REPLIES 8
vi1996ash
Employee
Employee

I am looking at azure cost report from subscription. when the cost was 40$ i was not using one lake house table my source and destination were both gen2.

Hi @vi1996ash ,

Response from internal team -

The snapshot of the report provided doesn't provide much insights as to what they were viewing. The cost of an F64/hr is approx $13 on the paygo pricing. If they are not pausing this it would cost more than $30 or 40 per day;) If they are stating Dataflows Gen2 that does use lakehouse and warehouse behind the scenes. So if they are enable staging on the query and don't have a destination it will land the data in the DataflowsStagingLakehouse lakehouse. That will be using OneLake storage. They would see these items if they are using the OneLake file explorer or if they use the OneLake data hub and browse the items. "

Hi @vi1996ash 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to look in my last response.

Thanks

vi1996ash
Employee
Employee

hi @v-gchenna-msft ,

I didn't receive the precise documentation. According to Azure cost estimates, the monthly cost is a fixed amount, X. Could you please elaborate on how costs can vary in this scenario? I haven't stopped fabric capacity for the given days.

Hi @vi1996ash ,

What report are you using to show the information / screenshot provided? For the capacity if they are simply letting it run all day the cost should remain the same. The OneLake storage costs can definitely fluctuate. If they are running an F64 it would cost more than $30 or 40 per day;) That would be the cost if they simply ran it for a couple of hours:)

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vi1996ash ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @vi1996ash ,

The report/screenshot doesn't tell us much. I would recommend you should check capacity metrics to understand what was running on the capacity on the dates highlighted. If there's CU usage then that would explain where those $ charges are coming from. In absence of any additional details/info from capacity metrics app, we are merely speculating.

Also, can you please share which doc are you referencing here? "According to the documentation, the cost should remain constant and only change in cases of pausing, scaling up,"

Thank you

Hi @vi1996ash ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to look in my last response.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors