Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

12angrymentiger
Advocate III
Advocate III

One Table is erroring out (while parsing data) when I try to query it in the SQL Analytics end point

We have one table which I can see in the lakehouse but cannot view/query in the sql end point.

It's failing on the EndDate field which is a datetime.

Error:
Msg 19780, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Error encountered while parsing data: 'Inserting value to batch for column EndDate failed with unexpected error'. Underlying data description: table '......', file '.................'.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @12angrymentiger 
There might be an issue with a value in the EndDate column. Please review the data values, especially if you have other datetime columns working like StartDate.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft  I was able to fix this issue by setting the EndDate column as a StringType(). I also had to do the same thing with another date field which is weird as the data looks fine.

I'm now able to query the table in the sql endpoint.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
12angrymentiger
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft  I'm creating a landing/bronze/silver table and then a merge to gold just like all 50+ other tables I have.

This is the only table that is having a problem querying and it appears to be on one field only (EndDate).

Hi @12angrymentiger 
There might be an issue with a value in the EndDate column. Please review the data values, especially if you have other datetime columns working like StartDate.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi @v-nikhilan-msft  I was able to fix this issue by setting the EndDate column as a StringType(). I also had to do the same thing with another date field which is weird as the data looks fine.

I'm now able to query the table in the sql endpoint.

Thanks again

Hi @12angrymentiger 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @12angrymentiger 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. Can you please provide the repro steps taken to get to that point? This would help me in understanding the issue better.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.